Sunday, February 13, 2011

Forward progress!!

After receiving feedback from Debb (thanks girl), I was able to set up a "discussion board" of sorts for students who had yet to turn in their permission slips in order to use the internet. Through the student drive on our intranet, I posted a question to a word document. I attempted to make it look as "blog-like" as possible and saved it in a folder where these students can access it and respond to it. They seem to be doing quite well. In addition, the Facebook pages they have been working on are coming out great. While the template looks easy, we have had some complications with the formatting issues (very similar to my wiki page (-:)and how you are able to insert text and pictures. I am working on finding a better method for the next time I use this particular lesson plan. What I find most exciting is the collaboration among students. Even though each of them has a different character, they are offering advice and guidance to each other, and I often hear them asking another student, "Now remember, this is your CHARACTER'S Facebook page and not yours. Do you really think your character likes Woka Flocka Flame?" or something to that effect. I LOVE it.

1 comment:

  1. Trina,
    Awesome! I'm glad I offered a little bit of help.

    I sooooo want to steal your Facebook page idea. Please send anything you don't mind sharing with me! :)

    In regards to your last few sentences about the students helping each other and giving each other reminders, isn't that great? I truly got a few chills when I read this because it is exactly what I want, and what our students need to be willing and able to do when they leave us!

    Go girl!

    ReplyDelete